Thursday, April 8, 2010

A little brief History

I have been pole vaulting for several years in the past season I have had my greatest achievements. I placed 3rd at nationals, which qualified me for the Francophone Games. At this international event I accomplished a personal best of 4.10m, as result I brought home the bronze medal. My Pole Vaulting career is attaining a new milestone every season paving the way to a bright promising future.

When I was young I always enjoyed being in competitive sports. Weather I was tumbling in the gymnastics center, hitting tennis balls on the court, or vaulting over bars, someday I knew I would achieve excellence in the sport I had the most passion for. Pole vaulting was my niche! When I am pole vaulting nothing else matters, I feel truly myself and confident that this is my endeavor in life. In my youth I knew I had always wanted to aspire for the Olympics, this goal I look forward to accomplishing with the great anticipation of 2012. As I learn in life never to expect success, but to know that success will follow, ambition, diligence, and heart, I am tranquil with confidence. Through the rough times and hardship I have overcome gives me resilient strength and a humble mind to persevere and complete my most endearing goals.
Currently I have returned home from training in new Zealand with Jeremy Mccoll, I was able to get some great base training in and had some great results along with winning new Zealand nationals. I have been invited back to compete and train internationally. Among this offer I have also been presented with scholarships and training requests nationally. Unfortunately Edmonton does not have the facilities or coaching I need to help advance me. However, there are numerous possibilities for an aspiring athlete in Ontario; presently I will be looking to relocate from Edmonton to Windsor within April to pursue an advanced training program. I am pleased to report that the Common Wealth Games will be held in India this year. I will be attending the qualifying rounds with great expectation for competing in this international event.
The Goal is to create a supportive environment and surround myself with people who are positive and believe in me so that I can accomplish all my dreams!!


Thanks for reading!

Leanna Carriere

No comments:

Post a Comment