Sunday, May 30, 2010

Well I have been here for just over a month. I have found some light work so I can still train hard and pay rent. I am making a lot of positive changes in my Pole Vault. Kevin (the coach) has been changing a few things but with each meet I am starting to see some good changes happen.

I have competed four times this past month. I opened in Michigan with a 4m jump from a shorter approach I was happy with. Although the video would suggest I may have been resorting to bad habits or old habits :). The next couple of meets my runway was feeling inconstant and I found it hard to relax and do what I have been doing in practice. I went back to full approach and have jump 3.90m. The last meet I was in was probably my best meet for seeing new changes in my vault. I was more Constance and felt more relaxed. Although the height was only 3.80m I am starting to see some good things and am excited to compete more!

So currently my day is pretty fun I am doing what I love and enjoying every moment of it. I wake up go for a light jog do some core. Eat breakfast drink coffee. Usually during the day Dayna (training partner/roommate)and I are busy volunteering at track meets or giving motivational speeches to school kids. Then we have a 3hr practices or so and go to work for a couple of hours. Currently Dayna and I are working for a guy on our track team doing admin. type work. Its easy and he understand if we have to go way for meets or need to schedule our hours different so we can train.

So that is my day in a nut shell! If everyone could do what they really love in this world I think we would all be happier. So maybe do at least one thing a day you love and enjoy the moment!

Thanks for reading
Leanna

No comments:

Post a Comment